Obama corrupts US Justice Department Chicago style, Tony West promotion classic Obama pay to play, West and USDOJ complicit with Obama hiding records and eligibility
“Now, I don’t get upset when foreign and national journalists fail to mention Tony Rezko, or the Daley boys, or how the Chicago machine plans to staff the Department of Justice, and the new Department of Homeland Casinos.”…John Kass, Chicago Tribune July 30, 2008
“Why were attorneys and law firms the largest contributing industry to the Obama campaign in 2008?”…Citizen Wells
“Why has Obama, since taking the White House, used Justice Department Attorneys, including Tony West, at taxpayer expense, to avoid presenting a legitimate birth certificate and college records?”…Citizen Wells
You were warned.
Beginning in 2008, and especially with the revelations from the Tony Rezko trial, you were warned that Obama would bring his Chicago Pay to Play Politics to Washington, DC.
It has happened. In one of the worst possible places.
The US Justice Department.
One of the latest and best examples is the promotion of Tony West in the USDOJ.
First, a little background on Tony West.
From CNN November 12, 2008.
“Tony West – Friend of Barack Obama – Part One”
“But West is also known as a friend of President-Elect Barack Obama. West met Obama in 2004 and offered to help him should he elect to run for President. When Obama did, he called West and thus began West’s role as Chair of the fundraising committee for Northern California. It also started a round of basketball between the two that’s gone well enough for Obama to give West a pair of his shoes to wear for games.”
From the Washington Post.
“Pundits speculated that Derek Anthony “Tony” West’s political career ended when he took on “American Taliban” John Walker Lindh as a client. He was a successful lawyer, working as a partner at the San Francisco firm of Morrison & Foerster, and he had lost two difficult campaigns in the previous four years.
But West didn’t have to be elected to become President Barack Obama’s assistant attorney general for the Justice Department’s Civil Division – just confirmed by the Senate. He now heads the DOJ office charged with defending the federal government in litigation. West has made a career out of handling complex legal issues in criminal and civil trials as well as during negotiations.
West, who is a part of a power family in California, has known Obama since 2004, and he was a top fundraiser for Obama during the 2008 presidential campaign. He was finance co-chair of Obama’s California campaign, where the then-senator raised a record total of $65 million.
Now, West is the lead attorney on the federal lawsuit against Arizona’s immigration law, which allows law enforcement officials to question anyone they reasonably suspect of being illegal immigrants.”
From Citizen Wells March 12, 2012.
“A former Justice Department attorney who blew the whistle on his
department’s policies is now questioning the promotion of a former defense
attorney for an American terrorist to the No. 3 spot at the Justice
Department — specifically charged with crafting U.S. policy on Guantanamo
J. Christian Adams, once an elections lawyer who accused the Justice
Department of racial bias in its decision to not prosecute a voter
intimidation case involving the New Black Panther Party, said Tony West’s
promotion from assistant attorney general for the Civil Division to acting
associate attorney general is one more step toward letting radicals run the
“”Tony West took on, and his firm, took some of the most radical causes for
America’s enemies before coming to the Justice Department,” he said.
“When he took on the representation of John Walker Lindh, even after the
sentencing, he was out shilling for him. He said things like … ‘I think
he’ll have a lot to offer after he gets out of jail.’ I mean, what is he
going to have to offer after when he gets out of jail? How to endear
yourself to prominent Democrat lawyers? I mean there’s no reason to be
talking like that.””
Consider the following timeline.
- Beginning in January 2009, when Obama took control of the White House and Justice Department, he began using USDOJ attorneys, at taxpayer expense, to prevent his birth, college and other records from being released. Prior to then Obama used Robert Bauer of Perkins Coie to keep his records hidden. Tony West is one of those USDOJ attorneys. See list below.
- On January 21, 2009 retired Naval Commander Charles Kerchner, represented by attorney Mario Appuzo, filed a lawsuit against Barack Obama challenging his eligibility for the presidency. “Obama has sealed most of his important documents that would shed light on his true identity and the main stream media has not challenged him as to why he did so.”
- The case was subsequently appealed. A response was given by USDOJ attorneys on March 8, 2010. Tony West was listed at the top of the list. “Plaintiffs’
alleged grievances regarding President Obama’s constitutional
qualifications reflect a generalized interest in the proper
administration of the law “shared by all the American people,”
App. 10, not a concrete injury particular to plaintiffs. The
Supreme Court has repeatedly held that Article III standing may
not be predicated on such injury. Plaintiffs’ attempts to
aggrandize their harms, based on oaths they have taken to support
to the Constitution, their heightened interest in constitutional
principles, or the possibility of future military service, fail.”
- Tony West appeared before the House Judiciary committee on June 24, 2010. ”One of this Subcommittee’s duties and obligations is to oversee the activities of the various components of the Department of Justice over which the Subcommittee has jurisdiction.” “I thank Assistant Attorney General Tony West of California and points west, the head of the Civil Division, for appearing before us today and to report on the division’s recent activities.” As you can already see, this is like questioning the fox on recent activity in the hen house.
- Mr. West made a number of statements that you will find interesting:”Since assuming this position in April 2009, I have focused on three main priorities for the Civil Division: Protecting the American people, protecting taxpayer dollars, and protecting the Nation’s consumers.”"The Civil Division is vigorously defending the Affordable Care Act health care reform statute against multiple lawsuits brought on constitutional and other grounds.”"The President has pledged to make this Administration the most open and transparent in history, and the department is doing its part to make that pledge a reality.” Read more below.
- On September 20, 2012 Obama nominated Tony West to be the full time number 3 position in the USDOJ.
Anybody see a problem here? A conflict of interest!
Chicago Pay to Play Politics.
Obama’s use of Tony West, a friend and fundraiser, to assist him, in cooperation with other USDOJ attorneys, in eligibility lawsuits and in keeping his records hidden, is a clear conflict of interest. This was further exacerbated by West representing the USDOJ before the House Judiciary Committee on June 24, 2010. Obama’s nomination of Tony West to a full time position as the number 3 position in the USDOJ is a clear case of Obama’s continued Chicago pay to play politics of reward your crony, put them in a power position and use them to protect and further your agenda.
Our checks and balances have been destroyed by the Obama camp. We no longer have a viable US Justice Department. Congress and the Judiciary Committee have failed to do their job and we have the most corrupt person ever to occupy the White House.
We cannot immediately remove members of congress or the Judiciary Committee, but we can contact them, voice our disgust and let them know that history will not view them kindly. The members of the Judiciary Committee can be found in the document below.
USDOJ attorneys complicit with Obama.
“Here is a list of some of the US Justice Department attorneys who have assisted Obama in keeping his records hidden. Their representation of Obama is a matter of public record. This list does not include the support staffs.
Elizabeth A. Pascal
Neal Kumar Katyal Acting Solicitor General
R. CraiG Lawrence
Mark B. Stern
Andre Birotte Jr.
Leon W. Weidman
David A. Dejute
Roger E. West
George S. Cardona
Paul J. Fishman”
Tony West USDOJ attorneys response to CDR Charles Kerchner, Mario Appuzo appeal of Obama eligibility challenge March 8, 2010.
Tony West appearance before House Judiciary hearing.