July 25 2011 Blagojevich appeal deadline, Wiretaps sealed, 2 percent of recordings reveal Obama connections
“Why was Obama in constant contact with Tony Rezko in 2004 when Rezko was conspiring with William Cellini to use TRS, Teacher Retirement Fund, assets for political gain and personal enrichment?”…Citizen Wells
“I believe I’m more pristine on Rezko than him.”…Rod Blagojevich
“There is enough corruption in Illinois so that all it takes is someone who is serious about finding it to uncover it. If a U.S. attorney is not finding corruption in Illinois, they’re not seriously looking for it.”…Northwestern Law Professor James Lindgren
Rod Blagojevich has until July 25, 2011 to appeal his convictions. The denial by Judge Zagel of the defense motion to unseal the wiretap evidence may be justification enough.
From Citizen Wells July 18, 2011.
The Federal rules on discovery are crystal clear.
“Federal Rules of Criminal Procedure”
“IV. ARRAIGNMENT AND PREPARATION FOR TRIAL > Rule 16.
Rule 16. Discovery and Inspection
(a) Government’s Disclosure.
(1) Information Subject to Disclosure.”
“(B) Defendant’s Written or Recorded Statement.
Upon a defendant’s request, the government must disclose to the defendant, and make available for inspection, copying, or photographing, all of the following:
(i) any relevant written or recorded statement by the defendant if:
•the statement is within the government’s possession, custody, or control; and
•the attorney for the government knows — or through due diligence could know — that the statement exists;”
Only 2 percent of the wiretaps were released. From that small amount we learn the following.
With this much information revealed about Obama in 2 percent of the wiretaps, the other 98 percent should have enough to hang him. Of course the US Justice Department and Obama’s buddy Eric Holder won’t let that happen.