When I first reported on the alleged Michelle Obama telephone conversation
with API, African Press International, and the alleged tapes of the
conversation, several people asked why I reported it. My answer was
simple. It is news no matter how it plays out. It is still news and I
believe reveals more attempts by the Obama camp to create diversions and
lies and discredit those questioning Obama, the “messiah”.
I waited to give the story a chance to play out before making judgement.
However, some new insights have been provided to me. Below is what I
believe API is about and up to. Once again, this is what the facts lead
me to believe. API has 24 hours to repudiate what I state with facts.
- When I first read the API allegations, I immediately posted a comment
on their blog and asked if they could prove it.
- I have never stated that I believed the story. I did offer to help them.
- Philip J Berg offered his service to API on the condition that API
provide the tapes.
- According to a reliable source, API has not provided the tapes to Mr. Berg.
- According to a reliable source, API has not provided the tapes to Fox News.
- According to a reliable source, Mr. Berg is not cocounsel with any attorney in this matter. API posted this comment on October 27, 2008: “Due to the sensitive nature of the tapes, API will now have a total of 3 active legal representatives. A Canadian born Lawyer has been appointed to head the API legal team. Two US born lawyers (Attorney Berg) and (Attorney Dowd of Washington) will be assisting the Canadian born Attorney.” Either API is lying, someone is confused or this is a smokescreen.
- I was notified recently, that API approved a comment that made lying,
slanderous accusations about Citizen Wells and other bloggers. API moderates all comments. API will be held accountable as well as the person posting the comment. I contacted API and have received no response.
Therefore, I have come to the following conclusion:
No tapes exist.
The story about Michelle Obama contacting API is a fabrication and is
a ploy by API, the Obama camp and probably Raila Odinga.
The allegation by API is straight out of the playbook of the Obama camp
and Odinga’s ODM party. Diversions, lies and personal attacks.
Part of the plan was to portray those questioning Obama as racist and to
discredit others such as Philip J Berg.
The API site and article were used as a forum to get traffic and promote
the Obama camp agenda.
Here is a remark from Jeff Schreiber:
“Yes, I know that African Press International is once again trying to stir the pot by stating that the notorious Michelle Obama tapes will be released by Fox News within the next few days. Yes, I know that Bill O’Reilly claims to have “big news” this week. No, I do not know if the two are related, but I suspect not.
Please note that I still do not believe that the Michelle Obama tapes really exist. It just doesn’t make sense, any of it. That being said, I would happily–HAPPILY!!–admit that I am wrong once I, and the rest of the American public, hear otherwise. If I am wrong, professionalism be damned, I will post a goofy picture of myself, grinning from ear to ear, and admitting my error.
And that’s all I have to say about that.”
Read more from Jeff Schreiber here:
In Conclusion, my response is based on facts and logical conclusions
combined with suspicions based on Obama’s Kenyan connections. My
statements are not definitive and are open to repudiation by API.
API, if you have any facts to repudiate what I have written, please
supply and I will post them.